Time 45 minutes
Makes 3 for $7 per serve
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200ml water
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- half a cucumber
- 30g parsley
- 20g coriander
- 10g mint leaves
- half a lime juice
- 200g spinach leaves
- I used 1 cup brown rice but whatever rice or quinoa you prefer.
- Cook your rice on the boil or in a rice cooker.
- Turn pan on medium to high heat and cut up your chicken breast, add to the pan.
- Once half cooked add stock cube, increase heat to high and add water and place lid on top.
- Mince or dice your garlic, and add to your chicken.
- Wash all salad ingredients, and dice tomato, onion, herbs. Place in your salad bowl.
- Add all your dried spices to your cooked chicken. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cut up your spinach and add to your salad bowl, squeeze your lime over and mix your salad ingredients well.
- Chicken should be fully cooked and brown to colour. If any water is still present flick your heat back up to medium high and cook off any excess water. (keep an eye to stop any burning)
- Now to serve! Add rice, salad, and chicken to a bowl, top with some low fat Greek yogurt!