Even this giggly Berry Panna Cotta knows life is all about balance. Enjoy a quick, easy and delicious dessert.
1 1/2 cups full cream milk
1 1/2 cups thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp gelatine powder
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 tbsp cornflour
1/4 cup brown sugar
Meringue, to serve
1. Combine milk, cream and vanilla essence to a light boil. Remove once boiled and add the caster sugar, continue to stir and pop back on a low heat.
2. Pour 4 tbsp of boiling water into a heat proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatine in there, mixing until it starts dissolving. Place the heat proof bowl into a large bowl of boiling water and allow the gelatine to dissolve completely.
3. Once the gelatine has dissolved completely, pour that into your cream mixture and stir.
4. Lightly grease a 6 silicone muffin mould with a little oil or butter and pour the Panna Cotta mixture into the moulds.
5. Carefully pop them into the fridge and allow a setting time of 4-6 hours, or until firm.
6. Once the Panna Cotta is almost set, in a small saucepan add the frozen berries, brown sugar and a couple of tablespoons of water. Add the cornflour and stir well.
7. Once the berries start to thicken take them off the heat. Using a strainer, strain the berries and this will leave you with the delicious berry sauce.
8. Remove the Panna Cotta from the mould, drizzle with the berry sauce, add some fresh raspberries and crush meringue over the top.
Enjoy this delicious dessert with family and friends!